Employment opportunitiesPlease note that teachers should seek information about employment guidelines (such as permission from the principal to undertake a second job) from their current employer if they wish to engage in these employment opportunities in cases where the jobs are additional to their current full-time position.
Supporting languages learning and employment for languages teachersThe key role of the Modern Language Teachers' Association of the ACT is to promote language learning in the ACT. To that end, the Jobs page on MLTA website provides information for languages teachers about employment opportunities. Announcements below are based on consultation with employers, including schools and language education providers when they require languages teachers.
Current positions open for applications or expressions of interest
Professeurs de français, posted 21 February 2022L'Alliance française de Canberra recherche des professeurs habitant dans la région de Canberra. Contrat temps partiel : 3h à 12h d'enseignement par semaine. Mission d'enseignement :
- Cours de français général, ateliers (écrit, oral, et autres thématiques), en groupe et individuels - Publics : enfants, adolescents et adultes.
- Utilisation des méthodes et des documents pédagogiques choisis par la direction de l’Alliance française.
- Respect du découpage des cours élaboré sur les niveaux du Cadre Européen Commun de Référence pour les langues et des progressions définies par le service pédagogique.
- d’une Maîtrise / d’un Master en Français Langue Etrangère du DPAFP ou du DAEFLE, ou d'un équivalent
- d’une expérience de l'enseignement du Français Langue Etrangère
- par email : email@example.com, Head Teacher de l'Alliance française de Canberra et à firstname.lastname@example.org, Nancy Waites, directrice de l'Alliance Française de Canberra.
Expressions of interest, possible additional class, CAL Japanese, posted 21 January 2022In the event that enrolment numbers require it, CAL may need an additional teacher of Japanese. The class would run parallel to the existing one, on Thursday evenings from 5:15 to 7:15. Please note that this is not yet confirmed. However, your EOI to email@example.com is cordially invited.
Jobs archive - last yearEarlier notices from the current year will appear here. Links to pdf archives for postings from previous years are available at the end of this section, commencing with the most recent year.
Call for applications, CAL Korean teacher, posted 1 December 2021
Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified teachers. See teacher qualifications information in the staffing section on the CAL programs page. Because there may be students who enrol for the advanced course in Korean in this class, speaking and writing skills in Korean for this role should preferably be at least equivalent to completion of a university major. Expressions of interest are requested to Canberra Academy of Languages by close of business Wednesday 8 December 2021.
This job has been filled. Congratulations to Stella, CAL's high-qualified teacher for the CAL Korean program.
Language Teachers, ACT Education Directorate, posted 24 June 2021The ACT Education Directorate is looking for Language teachers in both our primary and secondary settings who are enthusiastic, dedicated and can show innovation with quality learning programs that will cater for the diverse needs and interests of our students.
- Closes: 08 July 2021
- Classification: Classroom Teacher
- Salary: $71,439 - $112,930 plus superannuation
- Position No: Language Teachers - Canberra
- Directorate: Education
- Advertised (Gazettal date): 24 June 2021
- Contact Officer: Education Recruitment on EDUTeachingInCanberra@act.gov.au or (02) 6207 3046 or (02) 6205 5000
Teachers of Indonesian and Japanese, Canberra College, posted 22 February 2021Canberra College is looking for a teacher of Indonesian for Term 3 of 2021 and for a teacher of Japanese from Term 2 of 2021 (with possible continuation). Please follow this link for the jobs notice.
Teachers of languages, possible roles for 2022, posted 26 January 2021The Canberra Academy of Languages is currently implementing programs in French, German, Japanese, Spanish and Tamil in 2021. In addition to these, depending on uptake, we may run programs in one or more of Arabic, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian and Korean in 2022. We invite expressions of interest from suitably qualified teachers. If interested, please send your expression of interest to CAL, addressing the points below.
The salary scale will be based on the Australian Educational Services (Teachers) Award and includes an afternoon quarter day shift each weekly on-site session and a standard quarter day shift each week for the off-site program. We include extra provisions, with one standard quarter day shift for program management each fortnight and for each assessment task (four per semester); and additional shifts as required for commitments such as meetings, at the relevant rate for the timing of those commitments.
Relevant qualifications include:
- Working with Vulnerable People (WwVP) registration
- Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) registration or Permission to Teach including IELTS or ISLPR English language certification if applicable
- Speaking and writing skills in the target language at least equivalent to completion of a university sub-major or minor, or level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Evidence of a sound understanding of language teaching methodology
- ICT capabilities including the ability to identify suitable authentic source documents in the target language and to curate online learning resources for access by students.
Jobs archive - previous years
The MLTA ACT Works 4U!