MLTA ACT Home
Next events and current newsFor updates as they become available, see Events and News pages.
- MLTA memberships for 2022 – see below.
- MLTA ACT 2022 AGM – 24 March, see MLTA Events page.
Role and activitiesThe role of the MLTA is to promote language learning in the ACT by providing a voice for language teachers and to facilitate professional dialogue among ACT colleagues and with colleagues in other jurisdictions.
The MLTA supports members through:
- Information in Contact, our ACT e-newsletter for language teachers, made available to members via email and the website each semester
- Association information, news items and events listings published through our website
- Scholarship opportunities such as the FIPLV scholarship, the Fiona Arthur Language Teaching Award and the AFMLTA International Language Conference Scholarship
- Language Professional Learning programs, dinners and annual conference
- Subscription to the MLTA email list which provides members with up-to-date information on events
- Membership of the Australian Federation of Modern Language Teachers Associations Inc (AFMLTA) which includes subscription to the refereed journal Babel, published three times per year
- Participation in national programs and activities, such as workshops conducted by AFMLTA on Australian Curriculum: Languages and the AC Achievement Standards
- Affiliation to the international association, the Fédération des Professeurs de Langues Vivantes (FIPLV)
- Collaboration with national institutions such as the National Gallery of Australia on initiatives for languages teaching and learning.
Office Bearers 2022Roles and responsibilities of MLTA office-bearers are outlined in the attachment. MLTA executive and committee members are listed below. To contact the committee or to a member of MLTA executive, please email email@example.com.
|Executive President||Prudence Roveta|
|Executive Treasurer||Lena Britton|
|Executive Secretary||Annemarie Power|
|Publications Editor||Myriam Davies>|
|Public Officer||Annemarie Power|
|Committee Member||Frances Szeremet|
|Committee Member||Elysia Teh|
PublicationsThe 2021 edition of Contact is available via the link below.
Contact 2021 (December)
Contact Semester 2 2020 (December)
Contact Semester 1 2020 (July)
Contact Semester 2 2019 (December)
Contact Semester 1 2019 (July)
Contact Semester 2 2018 (December)
Contact Semester 1 2018 (September)
Contact December 2017
Contact June 2017
Contact December 2016
Contact July 2016
Contact December 2015
Contact July 2015
Contact December 2014
Contact July 2014
Contact December 2013
Contact December 2012
Contact May 2012
Contact November 2011
Contact May 2011
Contact December 2010
Contact August 2010
Contact April 2010
Professional Standards Stream C Registration Form
Professional Standards Information Stream C
Professional Standards Phase 2 Information
Canberra Languages Forum Update April 2010
Plus change Abstract
Language Adventures Poster
Report on launch of Draft National Professional Standards for Teachers (added 29 April 2010)
Teachers of languages in the ACT region are invited to become members or renew membership for 2022. All new memberships and membership renewals are completed through Trybooking at this link. You can elect to have your school invoiced or be personally invoiced for your membership through the Trybooking link. For more details, please see the email to members from MLTA ACT Executive Secretary, Annemarie Power
Membership of MLTA ACT provides the benefits of newsletters, events, affiliation to the Australian Federation of Modern Language Teachers' Associations, (AFMLTA), including a subscription to the national language teachers' journal, Babel, as well as FIPLV (see "Role and activities" above).
Contact details for MLTA ACTModern Language Teachers' Association of the ACT
GPO Box 989
Canberra ACT 2601
The MLTA ACT Works 4U!