MLTA ACT Home
Next events and current newsFor updates as they become available, see Events and News pages.
- Call for articles – please see announcement from our Contact editor on the MLTA News page.
- MLTA ACT AGM is now on 28 May and Gianfranco Conti workshop has been postponed on the basis of advice about COVID-19 risk management - see MLTA News page.
- MLTA ACT membership renewal/signup for 2020 is open via Google Form - see updated link below.
Role and activitiesThe role of the MLTA is to promote language learning in the ACT by providing a voice for language teachers and to facilitate professional dialogue among ACT colleagues and with colleagues in other jurisdictions.
The MLTA supports members through:
- Information in Contact, our ACT e-newsletter for language teachers, made available to members via email and the website each semester
- Association information, news items and events listings published through our website
- Scholarship opportunities such as the FIPLV scholarship, the Fiona Arthur Language Teaching Award and the AFMLTA International Language Conference Scholarship
- Language Professional Learning programs, dinners and annual conference
- Subscription to the MLTA email list which provides members with up-to-date information on events
- Membership of the Australian Federation of Modern Language Teachers Associations Inc (AFMLTA) which includes subscription to the refereed journal Babel, published three times per year
- Participation in national programs and activities, such as workshops conducted by AFMLTA on Australian Curriculum: Languages and the AC Achievement Standards
- Affiliation to the international association, the Fédération des Professeurs de Langues Vivantes (FIPLV)
- Collaboration with national institutions such as the National Gallery of Australia on initiatives for languages teaching and learning.
Office Bearers 2019Roles and responsibilities of MLTA office-bearers are outlined in the attachment. MLTA executive and committee members are listed below.
|Executive President||Véronique Canellasemail@example.com|
|Executive Vice-President||Tina Rodriguezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Executive Treasurer||Louise Poulakisemail@example.com|
|Executive Secretary||Annemarie Powerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Publications Editor||Sharee Harrildemail@example.com|
|Public Officer||Tina Rodriguezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Committee Member||Joanne Chilver|
|Committee Member||Myriam Davies|
|Committee Member||Cissy Lu|
|Committee Member||Clementine O'Sullivan|
|Committee Member||Prudence Roveta|
|Committee Member||Margo Smith|
|Committee Member||Frances Szeremet|
PublicationsThe Semester 2 edition of Contact for 2018 is now available via the link below.
Contact Semester 2 2019 (December)
Contact Semester 1 2019 (July)
Contact Semester 2 2018 (December)
Contact Semester 1 2018 (September)
Contact December 2017
Contact June 2017
Contact December 2016
Contact July 2016
Contact December 2015
Contact July 2015
Contact December 2014
Contact July 2014
Contact December 2013
Contact December 2012
Contact May 2012
Contact November 2011
Contact May 2011
Contact December 2010
Contact August 2010
Contact April 2010
Professional Standards Stream C Registration Form
Professional Standards Information Stream C
Professional Standards Phase 2 Information
Canberra Languages Forum Update April 2010
Plus change Abstract
Language Adventures Poster
Report on launch of Draft National Professional Standards for Teachers (added 29 April 2010)
MembershipTeachers of languages in the ACT region are invited to become members or renew membership for 2020. Please register via the MLTA ACT membership renewal form. Bank details for payment of membership fees are as follows:
- BSB 062 902
- Account number: 009 027 82
- Account name: Modern Language Teachers' Association of ACT Inc.
- Reference: Memb. 2019 + Your Name
Membership of MLTA ACT provides the benefits of newsletters, events, affiliation to the Australian Federation of Modern Language Teachers' Associations, (AFMLTA), including a subscription to the national language teachers' journal, Babel, as well as FIPLV (see "Role and activities" above).
ContactModern Language Teachers' Association of the ACT
GPO Box 989
Canberra ACT 2601
The MLTA ACT Works 4U!