Employment opportunitiesPlease note that teachers should seek information about employment guidelines (such as permission from the principal to undertake a second job) from their current employer if they wish to engage in these employment opportunities.
Supporting languages learning and employment for languages teachersThe key role of the Modern Language Teachers' Association of the ACT is to promote language learning in the ACT. To that end, the Jobs page on MLTA website provides information for languages teachers about employment opportunities. Announcements below are based on consultation with employers, including schools and language education providers when they require languages teachers.
Current positions open for applications or expressions of interest
Request for Arabic Language InstructorsDefence Department has a role to be filled teaching Arabic. If you are interested in this role, please refer to the documentation below and contact Fortis.Recruitment@fortisconsulting.com.au by COB, 2 October 2018
T +61 8 9467 2490
E Fortis.Recruitment@fortisconsulting.com.au W www.fortisconsulting.com.au
French teacher Daramalan CollegeDaramalan College is inviting applications for a Full-Time French Teacher to take up a temporary contract from 15 October 2018 until 14 December 2018.
- Secondary Teacher
- Teaching Subject: French
- Contract Type: Contract Position Full Time
- Applications Close: 26 September 2018
French teacher Merici CollegeMerici College (02 6243 4100, email@example.com) is looking for a French teacher to commence in Term 4, 2018, to cover for a teacher who will be on leave. Applications close at COB on Monday 3 September 2018.
Request for Indonesian Language InstructorsDefence Department has a role to be filled teaching Indonesian. For more details from Mylynda Balodis at Fortis Consulting, see
Request for Mandarin Language InstructorsDefence Department has a role to be filled teaching Mandarin. For more details from Mylynda Balodis at Fortis Consulting, see
Possible German teaching role for 2019The Canberra Academy of Languages is inviting student enrolments for Year 11-12 Continuing and Advanced German in 2019. Subject to viable numbers for a class to run, CAL will need a qualified teacher for German. If interested, please contact CAL. Relevant qualifications include:
- Working with Vulnerable People (WwVP) registration
- Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) registration or Permission to Teach
- Speaking and writing skills in the target language at least equivalent to completion of a university sub-major or minor, or level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- If not a native speaker of English , skills in English equivalent to at least 6.5 overall and 6.0 in each International English Languages Testing System (IELTS) sub-test
- Evidence of a sound understanding of language teaching methodology
- ICT capabilities including the ability to identify suitable authentic source documents in the target language and to curate online learning resources for access by students
Mandarin language instructorFortis consulting advertised for an instructor advertised a role in July to be filled teaching Mandarin with Defence Department clients.
German language teacherThe Canberra Language School advertised for a teacher for a public servant in preparation for an overseas posting.
- Language: German
- Level: Beginner
- Number of students: maximum of 2
Dates: Monday 17 September 2018 to Friday 12 October 2018
- Days and times:
- Monday 17 September 2018 to Monday 24 September 2018: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (flexible)
- Tuesday 25 September 2018 to Friday 12 October 2018: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (flexible)
- Total number of hours: 60
- Location: TBA, (flexible)
- Days and times:
The MLTA ACT Works 4U!